Business Consulting Services
The KSBDC helps established firms, growth companies and pre-venture businesses meet challenges, manage change, find resources, and plan for the future in today’s evolving global marketplace.
To meet specific needs, the KSBDC offers individualized, confidential and comprehensive business consulting at no charge to our clients. KSBDC consultants are skilled professionals with expertise in many areas, including marketing and sales, accounting, financial analysis and cost control, personnel (HR) issues, inventory controls, business start-up or acquisition, business liquidation or sale, strategic planning and many other areas. KSBDC consultants bring a wealth of experience from many different industries.
The KSBDC consulting approach is one of guidance and education, not of doing the work for the client. The KSBDC focuses on more than just helping a business owner write a business plan or fill out a loan application. That is why we focus on the holistic approach to business. We review all the different areas that affect business health and ultimately, the bottom line. Our “Request for Consulting” form includes a “Statement of Understanding” that explains client rights and responsibilities. Consulting can be done face-to-face, electronically or by email.
The KSBDC collaborates with a wide variety of resources, consultants, faculty and other business professionals to provide the information you need to be successful. If we cannot answer a client’s question directly, we will tap into our statewide and national network of other SBDC consultants, as well as other resources to help the business succeed.
Become a KSBDC client today! Just fill out the form and submit it electronically, by fax or by mail.
KSBDC consulting services cover every aspect of owning a small business. Some of the reasons why clients contact us are listed below:
- Business plan assistance
- Financial projection development and analysis
- Cash flow analysis
- Marketing plan development
- Human resources & personnel issues
- Sources of capital and financing
- Inventory control procedures
- Product costs analysis and pricing
- Market research assistance
- Advertising strategies
- Sales techniques
- Selling to the government/procurement
- Inventor assistance
- Patent process
- International trade
- Buying or selling a business
- Resource connections for further information
- And more!
While there are many ways we can assist individuals and businesses, here are a few things we cannot do.
- We are not a funding agency. We have no money for loans or grants; our role is to help clients be prepared to approach funding agencies with a well thought-out business plan and financial projections. We can also help them take a look at different funding options.
- We cannot serve as an accountant. We can help a business to understand their books, help them with questions, but we cannot do their record keeping for them. We can give tax information but cannot give tax advice. We can refer and/or recommend other resources that will help and our clients can be better customers for their accountants because they understand their records.
- We cannot give legal advice by Federal regulation when acting as consultants for the KSBDC. We can talk with clients about questions and concerns to take to an attorney.
- We cannot write business plans or financial projections FOR a client. We will assist them in understanding the process and work together with them on the project, but the information and numbers must come from the client. We have guidelines and templates to assist clients in this process.
- We cannot do in-depth research for grant opportunities. We can give interested clients tools to help them research possibilities, help to understand how the grant system works and how to avoid the many fraudulent companies that misrepresent themselves in order to obtain funds.
Our Service Area
- Clark County
- Comanche County
- Edwards County
- Finney County
- Ford County
- Grant County
- Gray County
- Greeley County
- Hamilton County
- Haskell County
- Hodgeman County
- Kearny County
- Kiowa County
- Lane County
- Meade County
- Morton County
- Ness County
- Scott County
- Seward County
- Stanton County
- Stevens County
- Wichita County
What if I don't live in one of the counties you serve?
If you do not live in these counties, find your KSBDC office.
If you do not live in the State of Kansas, find your state SBDC office.